The town walk in Yass is an easy way to see the history and heritage this town has to offer. There are up to 35 heritage buildings to visit and see and Europeans first entered the Yass area in 1821. They started settlement on the south bank of the Yass River following the Hume & Hovell expedition in 1824. The area had a high Aboriginal population, and it is believed the name Yass derived from the Aboriginal word “Yharr” meaning “running water”.
No facilities found.