Needle felting is a dry felting method. It is quick and easy, and inexpensive, requiring very few tools and taking up very little space. You can needle felt when you have just a few spare minutes or for hours on end.
At this hands-on workshop you will meet the llamas and alpacas that are providing their fleece for your project.
You will make a cute 3 dimensional llama or alpaca from alpaca fibre and two dimensional shapes which are suitable for:
– Brooches/pendants, hat decoration
– Greeting cards e.g. heart for Valentine’s Day card
– Hanging mobiles etc
– Christmas tree decorations
– To enhance a wet felted item
– Decorate fabric or clothes
– Exotic patches for patchwork quilting
– Functional patches – elbow pads on a wool jumper, heels in socks etc.
The following will be provided:
– All materials needed for the workshop
– Tea, coffee, biscuits
– Extra materials and kits are available for purchase on the day
You will need:
– Comfortable clothes
– Your lunch
This workshop is not intended for children under 12 years of age. Older children wishing to attend must be accompanied by a parent.
- Family Friendly