Lake George Winery in NSW is family owned and operated and is located on the north-western shores of the mysterious Lake George. Located 700m above sea level, their cool-climate award-wining wines are produced with minimal interference. They hand pick their grapes, follow sustainable practices and their wine is vegan friendly.
Chicken, Leek and Pinot Gris Pot Pie
What will you need?
- 500g chicken breast or tenders
- 1 brown onion – diced
- 1 leek – sliced & washed
- 1 tbs crushed garlic
- 1 cup Lake George Pinot Gris
- 2 cups cream
- Salt + Pepper
- 2 tbs Dijon mustard
- Short crust or puff pastry
- Veg oil (touch)
- Heat a touch of vegetable oil in a pot, fry the onion, garlic and leeks until browned.
- Add Pinot gris and simmer for a few minutes until reduced a touch.
- Add chicken and cook for a few minutes until browned/half cooked.
- Add salt and pepper to season, add the cream and Dijon mustard and bring mixture to the boil.
- Bring back to simmer and let cook for about 20-30 mins until the cream is thick and chicken is cooked.
- Add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Using the pastry, cut a round disk from a ceramic dish, and place the chicken mix (once cooled) into the ramekin and place the pastry lid on top.
- Cook in the oven for 10-15 mins until pastry is golden brown on top.
- Serve with salad / mash
Thank you Monica for sharing this fantastic recipe with us!
Enjoyed Monica’s recipe? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org